Thursday, July 23, 2009

Waiting and Waiting ... 4 Days in Prince George

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 – We have not seen nearly the amount of wild life we thought we would see in Alaska but this morning we saw two bears and for the first time ever we saw a wolf. As we drove we continued to have trouble with overheating which means we will have to get it checked as soon as possible. We traveled as far as Burns Lake when the guys decided they were tired of driving and ready to stop for the night. Unfortunately, as we pulled into the campground Bill Dickey discovered that he had lost the tread on his tow vehicle and the flapping of the rubber had damaged his truck. We both disconnected and quickly set up then we followed him to the dealership to get a new tire. We stopped at the store for a few groceries and picked up KFC for dinner before returning to the campground for the rest of the evening.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 – The first thing this morning Bill called Country Coach and the Caterpillar hotline for repair referrals. He got the number for a Freightliner repair center in Prince George and made an appointment. However, they cannot see us until Monday at 7:00 AM which means we will be held over in Prince George for at least the next 4 days. After we got set up we all left together to get some lunch and go to Costco. We finished our shopping and returned to camp for the rest of the evening.

Friday, July 17, 2009 – Both guys went to play golf this morning and had a good time. Pam and I went to the mall and went grocery shopping. Corey called to tell us that our dog, Lady is vomiting, not eating, and quite lethargic. He will take her to the vet in the morning.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 - Bill and I drove to the downtown section of Prince George and went to the Farmer’s Market. We got some fresh cherries and also found a special housewarming gift for our good friends Steve and Janice. When we returned home we received a call from Corey with bad news from the vet. Lady has terminal kidney disease and will be hospitalized over the weekend with IVs and medication. We had some rain this afternoon which helped wash some of the grime off the car and motorhome. The time in camp gave me a good opportunity to get caught up with labeling all of our photographs from this trip. We had a simple dinner of leftovers and Bill and Pam came over to play games for a while.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 – Bill and Pam left this morning and continued on their trip since we are stuck in Prince George until at least Monday morning. Bill and I tried to go to a movie but there was very little we were interested in seeing and our timing was all off for what was showing. At the suggestion of the campground host we went to the Bonnet Hill Pub for dinner. It was a good recommendation because the food was good, the prices were reasonable, and it had a relaxing and casual atmosphere. I was able to finish labeling all of my photos and got the banking and bill paying up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment